|August 11, 2012 - July 18, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
The Kitchen Cook is responsible for preparing foods to be served to guests throughout the venue. The Kitchen Cook will often have direct contact with the public working in areas such as a buffet line slicing meats or preparing dishes to order.
The Kitchen Cook must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
|Duties:||Essential Job Functions:|
• Responsible for providing high quality, fresh food products in a timely manner for delivery to guests.
• Prepares hot and cold foods following company recipes and portioning requirements.
• Participates as a team player with specific responsibilities as related to preparation, excellent service and delivery of product.
• Responsible for reporting any maintenance required for kitchen equipment.
• Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
• Responsible for observing and testing foods to ensure proper cooking.
• Responsible for portioning, arranging and garnishing food plates for delivery to guests.
• Responsible for consulting with Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Supervisor to plan menus and estimate expected food consumption.
• Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
• Able to operate standard kitchen equipment to including the broiler, steamer, convection oven, mixer, meat slicer and chef knife.
• Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
• Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
Professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced fine dining restaurant/catering facility required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.